Duncan MacRae Bagpipes developed by Stuart Liddell and McCallum Bagpipes. Over the last 7 months, McCallum Bagpipes and Stuart have been working very closely to manufacture a replica of Stuart’s very own “MacRae Bagpipes” right down to the closest details of the internal bores and bells, exterior profile shape, shape of mounts, MacRae engraving and including the two slightly different tenor top sizes, again to be an exact replica of his set. Available in 4 Styles: blackwood mounted, alloy and imitation, full imitation and engraved alloy and imitation. The engraving is also an exact copy of the engraving Stuart has on his original MacRae's.
- Brand: McCallum / MacRae
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Base Material: African Blackwood
- Metalwork: Polished Aluminium
- Projecting Mounts: Imitation Ivory or Blackwood
- Ferrules: Polished Alloy or Imitation Ivory
- Engraved: Thistle
- All blackwood pipes are sold with necessary CITES treaty paperwork!
Duncan MacRae African Blackwood Bagpipes by Stuart Liddell
The Duncan MacRae Bagpipes are a great classic-looking set that utilizes mostly imitation ivory. However, the engraved alloy is used on the tuning slides and ornaments the projecting mounts as part of the "deluxe" option.The aluminum alloy that McCallum uses doesn't tarnish and isn't plated. AB3s come with an adjustable (polypenco) blowstick that will fit any player and won't crack due to moisture. McCallums are made in Scotland.
Two Awesome Features on All McCallum Bagpipes:
- McCallum's New Alloy (If you have plating on your pipes, that is) - this is a great material that never tarnishes, keeping your pipes always looking like silver! Check out the pictures, and imagine a set of pipes that always look like that!
- Threaded Hemp Retainers - you can see these on the picture that all McCallum pipes have a "hemp retainer," or "stop," that keeps the hemp from coming off the end of various joints. A great treat for pipers who are more familiar with other sets.
Features of the SL4 MacRae Bagpipes:
- Fully combed and beaded African Blackwood
- Imitation Ivory projecting mounts
- Thistle engraved alloy tuning slides and ferrules.
- McCallum Brass Lined blackwood or poly adjustable blowstick available
- Polypenco pipe chanter
Our Top of the Line "Default" Set-up:
- Bannatyne Synth Pipe Bag with Zipper
- EzeeDrone synthetic drone reeds
- Deluxe bag cover with zipper and grip patch.
- Silk drone cords.
- A top brand chanter reed.
- All Pipes are Played, Tested, and Tuned by a Professional Piper!
An Industry-leading Warranty
McCallum always had an industry leading 5-year warranty on their blackwood pipes, but all new sets as of October 2015 will carry an unprecedented (industry exceeding) 10-year warranty! If you have any problems with your pipes in the first 10 years of owning your pipes, contact us and we'll help you get it sorted.