The AB2 is a great looking set with highly polished aluminum alloy and imitation ivory projecting mounts, which is the great classic look.
- Brand: McCallum
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Base Material: African Blackwood
- Metalwork: Polished Aluminum
- Projecting Mounts: Imitation Ivory
- Engraved: No
- All blackwood pipes are sold with necessary CITES treaty paper work!
McCallum AB2D African Blackwood BagpipesThe AB2 is a great looking set with highly polished aluminum and imitation ivory projecting mounts, which is the great classic look. The aluminum alloy that McCallum uses doesn't tarnish and isn't plated. AB2s come with an adjustable (polypenco) blowstick that will fit any player and won't crack due to moisture. You can get a blackwood blowstick if you'd like - just call us to line that up! McCallums are made in Scotland.
Two Awesome Features on All McCallum Bagpipes:
- McCallum's New Alloy (If you have plating on your pipes, that is) - this is a great material that never tarnishes, keeping your pipes always looking like silver! Check out the pictures, and imagine a set of pipes that always look like that!
- Threaded Hemp Retainers - you can see these on the picture that all McCallum pipes have a "hemp retainer," or "stop," that keeps the hemp from coming off the end of various joints. A great treat for pipers who are more familiar with other sets.
Features of the McCallum AB2D Bagpipe:
- Fully combed and beaded African Blackwood
- Full size blackwood projecting mounts with alloy plating
- Beaded alloy ferrules and ring caps - Threaded to prevent them from falling off!
- Alloy tuning slides and mouthtube
- McCallum poly adjustable blowstick
- McCallum polypenco pipe chanter
Our Top of the Line "Default" Set-up:
- Bannatyne Synth Pipe Bag with Zipper
- EzeeDrone synthetic drone reeds
- Deluxe bag cover with zipper and grip patch.
- Silk drone cords.
- A top brand chanter reed.
- All Pipes are Played, Tested, and Tuned by a Professional Piper!
An Industry-leading Warranty
McCallum always had a industry leading 5-year warranty on their blackwood pipes; but all new sets as of October 2015 will carry an unprecedented (industry exceeding) 10 year warranty! If you have any problems with your pipes in the first 10 years of owning your pipes, contact us and we'll help you get it sorted.